Skip to main content

setup work space at home

since the end of february i have been working from home, because the covid-19 plague hit the world including in Jakarta.

Initially, the laptop is placed on the table as usual.
but because i must always stand-by because it must be responsive every time i got contacted from colleague, therefore it is more sitting in front of the computer than the as usually i do in the office or at the client's office.
in the end it causing sore. unfortunately, I have  visual impairment so it is rather difficult to sit normally, because the screen is less readable.

later i add a monitor which it's resolution is rather low, so the fonts aren't too small.



but sore still happened.
and then the trend of laptop's holder hit internet.
well, in thi economy, i don't think i will follow the trend.
finally a bright idea come across my mind, I use a binder. to hold the laptop. more or less it has the same functionality, isnt' it?

add binder


Well, at least it is somehow gives a bit ergonomic 😀
but due to my eyes problems, i still can't sit correctly, due to my body will still push forward to read the screen.

so i stumble upon this video regarding ergonomic,




which the most basic is: the hand should be parallel with the table. 
so it is the chair that should be adjust to achieve that condition (unless your desk are able to be adjusted)

there fore i add a kids play mattress on the chair so it gives the desire heights. and add a pillow to gives soft sensation.

in other video, it is mentioning about eye level, which should be the same height with the top of the screen.
so to achieve that, i add the kid play mattress under the binder.


and sometimes it is just not high enough, so i add some more mattress.



and the problem is, when the kid want to play with the mattress, i have to pull it off from under the laptop.

Comments

more post

interview

it is come to my mind from time to time, that normally i don't go to a proper interview to get my previous or my current job. went back to my previous 4 jobs, most of them is not really having a proper interview on me. but one which i most remember is when i got a call to attend to an interview at 4 PM, while i don't really know the exact location of the venue, and it's 1 PM which i'm not sure whether i can get early leave. i manage to come on time, well a bit late, but it's 4 PM and i've already in the building, but somehow reluctant to enter the office due to no information shows that it is the office i want to go to. after met with the security guard, who ask me to wait, and i met this guy, it's a foreigner. a friend who informed me about this job is not telling me that i had to go for interview with a foreigner. what i'm worried about is my english which was very rusty. been years that i'm not using it. so, my future boss then asking

eskimo

who said there are/is no eskimo in indonesia? :D

desk relocation

been 2 years working, this is my first time, i have my desk relocated. now i'm moving from 14 floor to 12 floor. in this new place, i have a cubicle, and 2 jointed table. not comfort enough though.